2020 was a unique year. The “new normal” has presented challenges and opportunities that people never anticipated having to confront, and technology is playing an even larger role in day-to-day living and key industries. Consequently, our loyal blog readers and new subscribers have come to depend on the perspectives that ADCi provides more than ever.
As a difficult year comes to a close, let’s take a collective breath and slow down with a review of the articles our readers found most helpful in 2020:
- Shapefile vs. File Geodatabase: Which Is Right for You? offers a comparison of the two popular Esri spatial file formats and lays out the clear benefits and drawbacks of each
- Mapbox of HERE? A Quick Comparison of API Powerhouses explores how each provider offers map data via API and which may be better for your use case
- How and Why Industry 4.0 Technology Benefits Digital Mapping Solutions showcases how the Internet of Things (IoT) and digital mapping fit together for industries looking to leverage the power of maps and the business benefits it offers
- Accessing Speed Limit Data via HERE Location Services is a how-to article from ADCi’s in-house technical team that covers the API calls required to retrieve speed limit data from HERE’s APIs
- Now Available from ADCi: TomTom Historical Traffic Data features a new and popular product offering for ADCi. Traffic data has been a hot topic as businesses use it to try to understand the effects of COVID-19 on traffic patterns and congestion
It has been a unique and challenging year across many industries, and we want to make sure you are positioned to use digital map data and services to your best advantage in 2021 and beyond. Contact ADCi to discuss your needs and our solutions!